Each year school receives Sports Premium funding from Government. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that we should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, we can use our funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs.
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Each year we publish on this website how we will spend the Sports Premium funding, then at the end of the school year we evaluate the impact the funding has had.
Click here to see our Primary PE & Sports Premium Plan for 2023 2024.